NVIDIA Tegra K1 Video Processing Unit, Includes 2 SDI Input / Output
- NVIDIA Tegra K1 Embedded ARM processor
- 2× HD-SDI Inputs or 1x 3G-SDI input
- 2× HD-SDI Outputs (SMPTE-292M)
- Hardware accelerated H.264 encoding
- Operating power tunable as low as 20 Watts
WOLF’s XMC‑TK1-FGX is an image capture and processing module for aerospace and defense. It includes both an NVIDIA® Tegra® K1 APU and WOLF’s Frame Grabber eXtreme (FGX). The FGX can capture two HD-SDI inputs and two CVBS analog inputs. The video data can be routed to the Tegra K1 for processing and the processed data can be output as HD‑SDI, HDMI or an encoded H.264 stream. The WOLF Frame Grabber eXtreme (FGX) provides conversion of video data from one standard to another, with video input and output options for both cutting-edge digital I/O and legacy analog I/O. The FGX uses a Xilinx Artix-7 FPGA to capture video without using the host system.
The XMC-TK1-FGX provides GPU-assisted parallel processing and complex analysis, performing precision intensive operations, such as image processing, video stabilization, filtering, terrain analytics, 3D visualization of geospatial data, object recognition and tracking. By including both the FGX and the Tegra K1 on one board this flexible solution captures and processes images without transferring data between boards, thereby avoiding the SBC data rebroadcast traffic jams that can occur when using a 2-board solution.
WOLF-30TP XMC Module
This product is currently undergoing development and/or verification by the WOLF engineering team.
Contact WOLF for the latest update on product availabilty or to discuss your MCOTS requirements.
- 2× CVBS (NTSC/PAL/SECAM) inputs
- 1× HDMI video output
- APU accelerated H.264 encoding, AAC encoding
- Complex input processing with Tegra K1 APU:
- Kepler 192-core GPGPU
- 325 GFLOPS CUDA and OpenCL programming
- 64 GB eMMC
- 4 GB DDR3L memory
- 1× GigE Ethernet
- 3× USB 2.0 interfaces
- 2× UART interfaces
- FGX and Tegra K1 allows for customer programmable FPGA options
- Non-Transparent Bridging to PCIe bus
- DMA between module and host system
- Windows and Linux drivers
- Rugged air-cooled or conduction-cooled
- High level of ruggedization
- Operating temperature: -40° to +85°C
- Vibration (sine wave): 10G peak, 5 - 2000Hz
- Shock: 30G peak for air-cooled, 40G peak for conduction-cooled
- XMC form factor: 74×149 mm
- VITA 46.9 I/O compliant mapping for 3U and 6U VPX configurations
- Available as XMC 1.0 or XMC 2.0 configurations
- VPWR auto-switching +5V or +12V
A development carrier board is available for this product.
See XMC-DEV-TK1-FGX (WOLF-30DP)
Open the XMC-TK1-FGX product datasheet - includes block diagram, order codes, etc.