AMD Radeon E8860 Video Processing Unit, Includes 2 SDI Input / Output
- AMD Radeon E8860 28nm GPU
- Two 3G-SDI inputs and two 3G-SDI outputs
- Additional available outputs
- Dynamic power management (DPM) with real-time control from 15 to 50 Watts
WOLF has created a powerful Video Processing Unit (VPU) by designing a board with both WOLF’s Frame Grabber eXtreme (FGX) and an advanced AMD Radeon™ E8860 GPU. The FGX provides conversion of video data from one standard to another, providing a wide array of video input and output options for both cutting-edge digital I/O and legacy analog I/O. The FGX has direct memory access (DMA) to GPU memory for GPU processing and complex analysis. By including both the FGX and the GPU on one board WOLF has designed a powerful and flexible solution which avoids the SBC data rebroadcast traffic jams that commonly occur with a 2-board solution.
The XMC-E8860-SDI-2IO board takes advantage of the VPU to provide multiple simultaneous I/O, including two 3G-SDI inputs and two 3G-SDI outputs. The board also supports CVBS or STANAG inputs and can drive additional outputs, either DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 1.4, Single-Link DVI, CVBS or STANAG. Additionally, this board has a highly efficient operating power which is dynamically controllable from 15 to 50 Watts.
For additional options contact WOLF to discuss MCOTS and custom design services.
WOLF-0361 XMC Module
- Additional outputs which can be DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 1.4, Single-Link DVI; Optional: CVBS or STANAG 3350
- Advanced GPGPU capabilities for parallel processing:
- 768 GFLOPs single-precision
- OpenCL™ 1.2, DirectCompute 11.1
- DirectX® 11.1, OpenGL 4.2
- 2GB GDDR5 memory, 128-bit
- 64 GB/s memory bandwidth
- PCIe x8 Gen3
- Windows and Linux drivers
- VxWorks, Integrity, LynxOS, and other RTOS drivers are also available upon request
- Rugged air-cooled or conduction-cooled
- Front I/O and Rear I/O configurations
- High levels of ruggedization:
- MIL-STD-810, IPC 6012 Class-3
- -40° to +85°C operating temperature
- 40g, 11ms shock
- 0.2g²/Hz at 5 - 2000Hz vibration
- VITA 46.9 I/O compliant mapping for 3U and 6U VPX configurations
Open the XMC-E8860-SDI-2IO product datasheet - includes block diagram, order codes, etc.