NVIDIA® Tegra® K1 Video Processing Unit, Includes SDI Input / Output
- NVIDIA Tegra K1 Embedded APU for complex image capture processing
- WOLF Frame Grabber eXtreme (FGX) Embedded FPGA capture engine
- HD-SDI input
- HD-SDI, HDMI or encoded H.264 TS output
- Advanced power management, tunable as low as 10 Watts
WOLF’s MXC‑FGX‑TK1 is an image capture and processing module for aerospace and defense. It includes both an NVIDIA Tegra K1 APU and WOLF’s Frame Grabber eXtreme (FGX). The FGX can capture two HD-SDI inputs. The video data can be routed to the Tegra K1 for processing and the processed data can be output as HD‑SDI, HDMI or an encoded H.264 transport stream.
This module is designed for use as an ancillary processor module, for integration onto VPX carriers or COM Express baseboards, or operating as a stand-alone board.
The MXC‑FGX‑TK1 is designed to operate reliably in harsh environments while performing precision-intensive operations, such as image processing, video stabilization, filtering, terrain analytics, 3D visualization of geospatial data, object recognition, and tracking.
This product is currently in production as a COTS product with configurable options.
Contact WOLF to discuss your customization or MCOTS requirements.
- NVIDIA Tegra K1 Embedded APU:
- 5 ARM processor cores
- 325 GFLOPs processing
- 192 CUDA core GPGPU
- 4 GB DDR3L memory
- 64 GB embedded flash memory
- 2× HD‑SDI input (SMPTE‑292M)
- 1× HD‑SDI output (SMPTE‑292M); optionally can be mirrored to a second output
- 1× HDMI output
- APU accelerated H.264 encoding output over Ethernet or PCIe
- 1× USB 2.0 interface (480 Mbps)
- 2× UART interfaces
- 1× 10/100/1000 Ethernet up to USB 2.0 speeds
- Embedded Linux environment
- High level of ruggedization:
- MIL-STD-810, IPC 6012 Class-3
- ‑40° to +85°C operating temperature
- 40g, 11ms shock
- 0.2g²/Hz @ 5 - 2000Hz vibration
- MXC form factor: 85×70 mm
- Conformal coating options available (e.g., Parylene, Humiseal, others on request)
Open the MXC-FGX-TK1 product datasheet - includes block diagram, order codes, etc.