- WOLF Frame Grabber eXtreme (FGX) built on Xilinx Kintex-7
- Four channels of video capture:
- 2x digital inputs: 3G-SDI/HD-SDI
- 2x analog inputs: NTSC/PAL/SECAM
- Four channels of video output to HD-SDI
- Outputs can be derived from:
- DisplayPort sources
- PCI Express DMA stream
- Loopback from an SDI source
Digital SDI/Analog Input/Output
The MXC-FGX-2SDI-2CVBS module provides capture of four independent video channels, two 3G/HD-SDI and two CVBS analog (PAL/NTSC) channels. The raw data from each channel can be streamed with sub-frame latency to the host system or to a GPU for storage, analysis, enhancement, encode or display. The module can also accept 4 channels of video source from a GPU DisplayPort output or from a PCIe DMA stream for real-time conversion to 4 channels of HD-SDI output.
Support for other video formats can be provided as an MCOTS option.
WOLF FGX powered by Xilinx Kintex-7
The core of embedded video processing is the video capture engine. The WOLF Frame Grabber eXtreme (FGX) is built on Xilinx FPGA hardware. This high-performance engine provides the flexibility required for fast, cost-effective MCOTS customization, allowing the module to be customized to interface with many camera standards or system hosts.
OEMs require next generation video capture, process, encode and display technologies. This MXC module delivers sub-frame latency capture and conversion in a small, rugged form factor.
- Ultra low-power, under 7.5 Watts
- PCIe x4 Gen2 with up to 2.0GB/s
- Modifiable for alternate camera connections, e.g. STANAG 3350
- Extended product lifespan
- High level of ruggedization:
- MIL-STD-810, IPC 6012 Class-3
- -40° to +85°C operating temperature
- 40g, 11ms shock
- 0.2g²/Hz@ 5 - 2000Hz vibration
- Windows 64-bit, Linux drivers
- VxWorks, Integrity, LynxOS, and other RTOS drivers available
- MXC form factor: 85×70mm
- 3U/6U VPX, Baseboard compatible