- NVIDIA Tegra K1 Embedded APU
for complex image capture processing
- WOLF Frame Grabber eXtreme (FGX)
Embedded FPGA capture engine
- HD-SDI input, HD-SDI and HDMI output
- Advanced power management, tunable as low as 10 Watts
WOLF’s MXC-FGX-TK1 (WOLF-0325) is a revolutionary video processing unit for aerospace and defense, leveraging NVIDIA’s Kepler technology 28nm Tegra K1 APU packed with five ARM cores, and 325 GFLOPS of CUDA processing using as little as 10 Watts.
This HD-SDI Frame Grabber eXtreme (FGX) allows complete control of captured image data for complex analysis and pre-processing independent of the host Intel or PowerPC SBC.
This module is designed as an ancillary processor module, for integration onto VITA 46.0 VPX carriers, COM Express baseboards, or operating as a stand-alone board. The MXC-FGX-TK1 (WOLF-0325) captures HD-SDI video (SMPTE-292M) for GPU processing and display as HD‑SDI or HDMI output, or for encoding as an H.264 transport stream.
The MXC-FGX-TK1 (WOLF-0325) thrives in rugged environments performing precision-intensive operations, such as image processing, video stabilization, filtering, terrain analytics, 3D visualization of geospatial data, object recognition and tracking.
- NVIDIA Tegra K1 Embedded APU:
- 5 ARM processor cores
- 325 GFLOPs CUDA processing
- Kepler 192-core GPGPU
- 8GB DDR3L memory
- 32GB Embedded Flash
- 2× HD‑SDI input (SMPTE‑292M)
- 1× HD‑SDI output (SMPTE‑292M); optionally can be mirrored to a second output
- 1× HDMI output
- APU accelerated H.264 encoding
- 1× USB 2.0 interface
- 2× UART interfaces
- 1× 10/100/1000 Ethernet up to USB 2.0 speeds (480Mbps)
- Embedded Linux environment
- High level of ruggedization:
- MIL-STD-810, IPC 6012 Class-3
- ‑40° to +85°C operating temperature
- 40g, 11ms shock
- 0.2g²/Hz @ 5 - 2000Hz vibration
- MXC form factor: 85×70 mm