AMD Radeon E8860 Video Processing Unit, Includes 4 SDI Input / Output
- AMD Radeon™ E8860 28nm GPU
- Up to 4 SDI video inputs
- Up to 4 SDI video outputs
- Up to 4 analog inputs and/or outputs
- Dynamic power management (DPM) with real-time control from 15 to 45 Watts
The VPX3U-E8860-SDI-4IO (WOLF-1010) is a WOLF Video Processing Unit (VPU) VPX board which includes both WOLF’s Frame Grabber eXtreme (FGX) and an advanced AMD E8860 GPU. The FGX provides conversion of video data from one standard to another, allowing this board to support eight simultaneous SDI I/O, including up to four 3G-SDI inputs and four 3G-SDI outputs. The board also supports CVBS/STANAG, DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI, and DVI.
This board has a highly efficient operating power which is dynamically controllable from 15 to 45 Watts.
WOLF’s FGX has direct memory access (DMA) to the E8860 GPU’s memory for GPU processing and complex analysis. By including both the FGX and the GPU on one board WOLF has designed a powerful and flexible solution which eliminates the SBC data rebroadcast traffic jams that commonly occur with a 2-board solution.
For additional options contact WOLF to discuss MCOTS and custom design services.
WOLF-1010 3U VPX Module
- Optional: additional output types: DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI, RGBVH, CVBS, STANAG 3350
- 2GB GDDR5 memory, 128-bit interface width
- Max memory bandwidth: 64 GB/s
- Advanced GPGPU capabilities for parallel processing:
- 768 GFLOPs SP / 48 GFLOPs DP
- OpenCL™ 1.2, DirectCompute 11
- DirectX® 11.1, OpenGL 4.2
- PCIe x8 Gen3
- H.264 hardware accelerated encoding (VCE) and decoding (UVD)
- Windows and Linux drivers
- RTOS drivers: VxWorks, Integrity, LynxOS, and others are available upon request
- Conduction-cooled or Rugged air-cooled
- High level of ruggedization:
- MIL-STD-810, IPC 6012 Class-3
- -40° to +85°C operating temperature
- 40g, 11ms shock
- 0.2g²/Hz@ 5 - 2000Hz vibration
- VPX 3U form factor: 160×100 mm
- Supported VPX configurations:
- VPX-REDI (ANSI/VITA 48.x)
- OpenVPX (ANSI/VITA 65)
VPX3U-RTM for VPU (WOLF-10R0) RTM is compatible with this product.
Open the VPX3U-E8860-SDI-4IO datasheet - includes block diagram, order codes, etc.