NVIDIA Ampere, 5888 CUDA Cores, Converted Video Output, 12G-SDI, Analog, DP
- NVIDIA RTX™ GA104 GPU with 5888 CUDA Cores, 184 Tensor Cores, 46 RT Cores, 4 outputs
- 12G-SDI and Analog output support
- 16 GB GDDR6 256-bit memory with up to 512 GB/s
- PCIe x16 Gen4 with a configurable PCIe switch
- Module power: TBD-190W, configurable
The VPX3U-A4500E-FGX2-CV converted video output module includes an NVIDIA RTX™ A4500 embedded GPU in a rugged 3U VPX module. Built on the NVIDIA Ampere architecture this GPU includes CUDA cores for parallel processing, Tensor cores for dedicated AI accelerated compute, and Ray Tracing cores for superior rendering speeds. The module includes a configurable PCIe Gen4 switch. The WOLF FGX2 provides video conversion to formats which are not native to the GPU such as SDI, analog, or other formats.
The NVIDIA Ampere architecture has introduced many significant improvements to the performance and efficiency of the GPU, with more flexible CUDA FP32/INT core use, more efficient third generation Tensor cores, and second generation RT cores. The Ampere GPU fabrication uses an 8nm manufacturing processing providing significant power improvements which, along with other Ampere architecture improvements, can provide up to 154 GFLOPS/W, providing almost twice the performance per slot compared to the previous Turing generation’s 86 GFLOPS/W or the Pascal generation’s 62 GFLOPS/W.
Unlocking the best performance requires the best cooling capability. WOLF’s advanced cooling technology is designed to move heat using a low weight, high efficiency path from the GPU die to the wedgelocks.
WOLF-144A 3U VPX Module
This product is currently undergoing development and/or verification by the WOLF engineering team.
Contact WOLF for the latest update on product availabilty or to discuss your MCOTS requirements.
GPU & FGX FEATURES
- Two 12G-SDI outputs
- Two CVBS/RGB outputs
- Two DisplayPort 1.4 video outputs:
- 4K at 120Hz or 8K at 60Hz with 10-bit color depth
- Support for High Dynamic Range (HDR) video
- HDMI and DVI configuration options
- MCOTS support for other video formats
- Ampere GPGPU parallel processing:
- CUDA Toolkit 11, CUDA Compute capability 8.6
- OpenCL™ 3.0, DirectX® 12 Ultimate, OpenGL 4.6, OpenGL ES 3.2, Vulkan™ 1.2
- 184 Tensor Cores (3rd Gen), 68 (dense) / 136 (sparse) Tensor TFLOPS
- 46 Ray Tracing cores (2nd Gen)
- Error Correcting Code (ECC) memory
- NVENC (7th Gen) and NVDEC (5th Gen) with up to 8K video encoding and hardware decoding support
CONNECTIVITY / SYSTEM MANAGEMENT
- IPMI controller for system management
- NVIDIA GPUDirect RDMA support
- Configurable PCIe Gen4 switch
- Daisy Chain options
- Windows and Linux drivers
MECHANICAL / OPEN SYSTEMS ARCHITECTURE
- High level of ruggedization:
- Rugged Conduction cooled
- Operating temperature: -40° to +85°C
- Vibration (sine wave): 10G peak, 5 - 2000Hz
- Shock: 40G peak
- Dimensions: 160mm x 100mm x 25.4mm
- Weight (approximately): TBD
- ANSI/VITA 48, 65 (VPX-REDI, OpenVPX)
- SOSA Aligned with support for the 14.2.3 legacy payload slot profile
Open the product datasheet - includes block diagram, order codes, etc.