|Reports to:||Director, Engineering|
WOLF is a world leader in designing and developing rugged, field-deployable solutions requiring embedded video capture, process, encode, display and AI inference technologies for the world’s most demanding military and aerospace markets.
At WOLF we design and develop solutions that target the world’s most demanding technology markets such as field deployable defence systems, rugged vehicles for land, air and sea, artificial intelligence machine vision and neural network-based deep learning for Earth and space applications, as well as a variety of other life-saving, mission-critical systems requiring video and data analytics capabilities.
We are seeking outstanding professionals who have demonstrated advanced skills in video electronics development, are passionate about pushing the innovation boundaries of embedded technologies and are highly motivated, high-energy and results-driven individuals.
If you are looking for an exciting new position with a company that offers an environment of rapid business growth, continuous technology innovation and a cherished culture of collaboration where everyone has a voice that is valued, then WOLF is the company for you. If this type of workplace environment excites you and you excel in fast-paced development environments, then we invite you to apply!
Working from our new office in Stouffville, Ontario and as a member of WOLF’s Engineering department the Sr. Engineer, Software candidate should meet the following criteria:
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Software Engineering, or related technical degree from an accredited university.
- PHD or Master of Engineering with a specialization in software engineering, or related technical PHD or Master’s degree from an accredited university.
PRIMARY POSITION SKILLS
- 10+ years of engineering experience in the development of (ideally) video low level software including User and Kernel driver development, Kernel level OS architectures, interrupt services and message handling in Linux and Windows
- Expert level in low level software development using C, C++, C# and VB
- Development experience in software multithreaded environments
- Preferred candidates will have a strong working knowledge of RTOS software architecture and software development. VxWorks development experienced would be considered a significant advantage
- Experience with Embedded Linux/Arm as used in SOC (Systems in Chip) or XILINX Microblaze / ZYNQ as well as microprocessors including Intel x86 and ARM
- Preferred candidates will have experience in accelerated data packet processing / streaming (DPDK, GPU Direct, Direct GMA)
- Expert knowledge and demonstrated experience in the development of high-performance video processing /capturing / streaming User and Kernel mode drivers
- Demonstrated experience using emulators, simulators and software analysis tools
- Working knowledge of source code sharing tools such as GIT and SVN
- Candidates with demonstrated skills and experience in the following areas will be prioritized above other candidates for the purpose of this position:
- Broadcast video
- AMD, NVIDIA
- OpenCL, CUDA, RDMA, GPU Direct and Direct GMA
- NVIDIA TEGRA APUs or AMD APU
- GPU power and performance tuning / configuration
- H.264 / H.265 video CODECS
- V210 Pixel Packaging
- DO254, DO178, and DO160 (Highly Valued)
- ROME-1 or NASA design standards
- Uses time and resources wisely for all assigned work
- Consistently demonstrates integrity, honesty and respect for colleagues and the corporation
- Takes ownership of assignments and works with minimal oversight
- Maintains an effective working relationship with peers, colleagues and managers
- Seeks out and builds valuable relationships with 3rd party design companies protecting the best interest of the corporation
- Contributes to increasing the firm's public awareness in the industry by periodically publishing technical white papers, attending technical conferences and presenting suitable technical updates on behalf of the corporation
- Oversees more junior technical contributors providing mentorship and technical guidance
- Strives to maintain and protect corporate IP, systems, tools, data and customer proprietary information
- Consistently follows and complies with defined company processes and workflows
- Acts a promoter of corporate processes by suggesting productive enhancements and changes to workflow(s) as appropriate to help streamline work activities
- Technical writing is well structured, effective in purpose, free of gross grammatical errors and succinct
- Provides effective presentation updates ensuring optimal use of shared meeting time with others
- Develops professional documentation that provides clear guidance on design details both internally to the corporation but also externally to the customer as appropriate
- Prepares well thought out goals and objectives that strive to both advance the individual but also connect individual plans to the corporate goals and strategy
- Contributes to the development of goals, objectives and reviews for more junior staff of a similar function
- Effectively translates product / feature requirements into complete designs including identification of hardware, firmware, software and mechanical sub-systems
- Establishes and/or maintains engineering standards for the assigned area of functional design and ensures compliance within the function on all designs
- Demonstrates competency in the use of lab tools and debug / analysis instruments
- Applies logical thought and debug approach in trouble-shooting and circuit analysis
- Applies best practices to board rework using corporate established guidelines and policies
- Oversees subcontracted design deliverables protecting the corporation's interests on reputation, schedule, quality and cost
- Assess the results of product testing to identify areas where systemic improvement may be possible in design performance
WOLF is a military and aerospace manufacturer requiring strict adherence to CGP and ITAR requirements.
As a condition of employment applicants must provide proof of Canadian Citizenship and undergo a police background check.
How to Apply:
Candidates can apply by sending a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing job title: “Senior Engineer, Software ".
Wolf Industrial Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all individuals. Applicants selected for an in-person interview will be asked whether specific accommodations are needed to support a personal disability.