|Full/Part time:||Full Time|
|Reports to:||VP of Engineering|
SEEKING SOFTWARE ENGINEERING ALL STARS WHO ARE CANADIAN CITIZENS, US CITIZENS OR CANADIAN PERMANENT RESIDENTS
WOLF is a world leader in embedded video capture, process, encode and display technologies and products for harsh military and aerospace environments. We are growing and seeking Software Engineers who are exceptional and technology minded with outgoing personalities, who want to be actively involved with an extremely innovative, fast paced team. You should have a desire to work for a smaller company (approx. 60 employees) that has a close knit, healthy atmosphere, where all team members have a voice and an opportunity to innovate. You must be ambitious, wish to develop your skill set and are excited to work on the latest NVIDIA, AMD, Xilinx and WOLF technology.
Working from our office in Stouffville, Ontario and reporting to the VP of Engineering, the Sr. Engineer, Software will be an active member of the Engineering team.
The role responsibilities consist of Software architecture and design / ownership for software driver and application projects targeting harsh environment embedded electronics products. Specific activities to include low and high-level software programming, software specifications, test procedures, test environments, simulations, prototype verification and validation, product support, design reviews and contribute to continual improvement of the WOLF engineering process.
What we need to see:
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree
- Proof of Canadian or US Citizenship, and a police background check (WOLF is a military and aerospace manufacturer requiring strict adherence to CGP and ITAR requirements).
- 8+ years of relevant software development experience with Embedded Systems, Linux and Windows OS.
- You can demonstrate a hands-on technical background, excellent C, C++, C# and/or VB applications developing.
- Strong working knowledge of user and kernel mode driver architecture, interrupt and messenger handling services
- Experience with Embedded Linux/Arm as used in SOC (Systems in Chip) or XILINX Microblaze/ZYNQ.
- Working experience in shared source development and control
- Experience in low level hardware programming
- Source control systems usage (GIT/ SVN)
- Experience with complex systems-level debugging is invaluable
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience with Video drivers a definite asset (capture, playback, V4L2, Metadata and video processing)
- Broadcast video experience
- Application of low level drivers
- Experience with Open CL, CUDA, AMD, NVIDIA, RDMA, GPU Direct and Direct GMA)
- GPU usage / profiling experience
- Automated testing development experience
- NVIDIA TEGRA Experience
- AMD APU Experience
- H.264 / H.265 and other video CODECS compression
- V210 Pixel Packaging
- Experience with the following RTOS:
- Redhawk RTOS Extension
- Experience in programming for Windows:
- Windows 10 driver experience
WOLF is a military and aerospace manufacturer requiring strict adherence to CGP and ITAR requirements.
If selected, applicants must provide proof of Canadian or US Citizenship, and undergo a police check.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing job title: “Senior Engineer, Software ".
Wolf Industrial Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all individuals. Applicants selected for an in-person interview will be asked whether specific accommodations are needed to support a personal disability.