Start date: ASAP
Reports to: VP Engineering, Terry Laviolette
Hours: 37.5/ week (Monday- Friday 8:30am-5:00pm)
Posting date: May 4, 2018
Salary: Based on Experience
Location: Stouffville, Ontario
Working from our new office in Stouffville, Ontario and reporting to the VP of Engineering the Sr. Engineer, PCB Design will work as part of the PCB team and Engineering Department. The candidate will be responsible for:
- Layout design of controlled impedance, high speed mixed-signal boards 12-18 layers
- Experience in transmission line routing as Microstrip/Stripline
- Expert at PCB Design constraints for a range of high-speed interfaces
- Knowledge of termination techniques; signal crosstalk mitigation; EMI & EMC techniques
- Experience in high pin-out BGA component placement for optimal routing, power dissipation and fan out
- Experience with Rigid-Flex, Multi-layer Flex and HDI Design
- Experience in PCIe GEN3, DDR3, DDR4 routing
- Expert knowledge of Cadence Allegro 16.6 and 17.2
- Maintenance of footprint library; mapping 3D models on library level
- Experience with power integrity analysis, (DC Drop/ thermal)
- Experience with signal integrity analysis (digital and analog)
- Experience with DFM design tuning and compliance is an advantage
- Understanding of PCB manufacturing cost factors and general fabrication process
- IPC CID or CID+ license is an advantage
WOLF is a world leader in embedded video capture, process, encode and display technologies for harsh military and aerospace environments. We are growing and seeking all-stars who are exceptional, and technology minded with outgoing personalities, who want to be actively involved with an extremely innovative, fast paced team. You should have a desire to work for a smaller company (currently 50 employees) that is a close knit, healthy atmosphere, where all team members have a voice and an opportunity to innovate. You must be ambitious, wish to develop your skill set and are excited to work on the latest NVIDIA, AMD, Xilinx and WOLF technology.
- Uses time and resources wisely for all assigned work
- Strives to be in attendance during regular work hours and keeps management informed in a timely manner for exceptions
- Consistently demonstrates integrity, honesty and respect for colleagues and the corporation
- Takes ownership of assignments and works with minimal oversight
- Maintains an effective working relationship with peers, colleagues and managers
- Provides status updates in a qualitative, timely manner
- Seeks out and builds valuable relationships with 3rd party design companies protecting the best interest of the corporation
- Contributes to increasing the firm's public awareness in the industry by periodically publishing technical white papers, attending technical conferences and presenting suitable technical updates on
- behalf of the corporation
- Oversees more junior technical contributors providing mentorship and technical guidance
- Strives to maintain and protect corporate IP, systems, tools, data and customer proprietary information
- Consistently follows and complies with defined company processes and workflows
- Acts a promoter of corporate processes by suggesting productive enhancements and changes to workflow(s) as appropriate to help streamline work activities
- Technical writing is well structured, effective in purpose, free of gross grammatical errors and succinct
- Provides effective presentation updates ensuring optimal use of shared meeting time with others
- Develops professional documentation that provides clear guidance on design details both internally to the corporation but also externally to the customer as appropriate
- Prepares well thought out goals and objectives that strive to both advance the individual but also connect individual plans to the corporate goals and strategy
- Contributes to the development of goals, objectives and reviews for more junior staff of a similar function
- Provides design feedback changes (PCNs) into the corporate issue tracking system
- Contributes design suggestions and ideas into the corporate design process
- Effectively translates product / feature requirements into complete designs including identification of hardware, firmware, software and mechanical sub-systems
- For assigned designs, provides comprehensive, well formatted and reviewed, design document deliverables including the Functional Specification, Architectural Detailed Design and Design
- Validation Test Plan
- Establishes and/or maintains engineering standards for the assigned area of functional design and ensures compliance within the function on all designs
- Demonstrates competency in the use of lab tools and debug / analysis instruments
- Applies logical thought and debug approach in trouble-shooting and circuit analysis
- Applies best practices to board rework using corporate established guidelines and policies
- Provides problem reporting feedback (EPRs) on feature regressions into the corporate issues tracking system
- Executes the corporate design validation test plan (DVTP) capturing qualitative results into the corporate Project Tracking system (QuickBase)
- Executes the corporate product validation test plan (PVTP) capturing qualitative results into the corporate project tracking system
- Ensures all required deliverables in PDR(s) and CDR(s) are prepared as required in accordance with the corporate process
- Oversees subcontracted design deliverables protecting the corporation's interests on reputation, schedule, quality and cost
- Assess the results of product testing to identify areas where systemic improvement may be possible in design performance
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Engineering, Post-Secondary graduate or equivalent in years of experience.
- Masters of Engineering considered an asset
WOLF is a military and aerospace manufacturer requiring strict adherence to CGP and ITAR requirements.
Applicants must be able to provide valid documentation to show either Canadian or US citizenship, or Canadian Permanent Resident, and undergo a police check with no criminal background.
WOLF Advanced Technology, located in Stouffville, Ontario has been in business for over 20 years and is growing at a substantial rate. Our head office is an engineering design center, specializing in the rapid development and manufacture of military and aerospace real-time video boards and systems. We are a preferred OEM partner for NVIDIA and AMD, developing rugged embedded form factor solutions for the harshest military and aerospace applications.
WOLF’s proven technology integrates high-resolution video and data: Capture, Process, Encode and Display into modules for VPX, XMC, MXC, MXM, PMC architectures. Our strength lies in our creativity, discipline and ability to offer both modified product designs or full life cycle design solutions as client applications demand. All of our modules are designed, manufactured and tested to perform in extreme environmental conditions utilizing the latest generation GPU processing technologies.
WOLF offers: competitive compensation, supports work/life balance, provides opportunities to be coached and developed by some of the leading minds in this field, and to work on some of the worlds most sophisticated military and aerospace programs.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates can apply by sending a covering letter and resume in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing job title: "Senior PCB Design Engineer".
Wolf Advanced Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all individuals. Applicants selected for an in-person interview will be asked whether specific accommodations are needed to support a personal disability.