|Reports to:||Director, Engineering|
WOLF is a world leader in designing and developing rugged, field-deployable solutions requiring embedded video capture, process, encode, display and AI inference technologies for the world’s most demanding military and aerospace markets.
At WOLF we design and develop solutions that target the world’s most demanding technology markets such as field deployable defence systems, rugged vehicles for land, air and sea, artificial intelligence machine vision and neural network-based deep learning for Earth and space applications, as well as a variety of other life-saving, mission-critical systems requiring video and data analytics capabilities.
We are seeking outstanding professionals who have demonstrated advanced skills in video electronics development, are passionate about pushing the innovation boundaries of embedded technologies and are highly motivated, high-energy and results-driven individuals.
If you are looking for an exciting new position with a company that offers an environment of rapid business growth, continuous technology innovation and a cherished culture of collaboration where everyone has a voice that is valued, then WOLF is the company for you. If this type of workplace environment excites you and you excel in fast-paced development environments, then we invite you to apply!
Working from our new office in Stouffville, Ontario and as a member of WOLF’s Engineering department the Sr. Engineer, Mechanical candidate should meet the following criteria:
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
- BSEE, Bachelor of Engineering, or related technical degree from an accredited university.
- PHD or Master of Mechanical Engineering or related technical PHD or Master’s degree from an accredited university.
PRIMARY POSITION SKILLS
- Future management opportunity for candidates that have proven experience in leading, coaching and managing other mechanical design engineers
- Demonstrates advanced skills in mechanical modeling and design using SOLIDWORKS
- Practical knowledge in the use and configuration of engineering design tools such as SOLIDWORKS, CircuitWorks and PhotoView 360
- Advanced skills in the design of highly intricate metal assemblies, including thermal interface management for high highly ruggedized shock, vibration and extended operating life environments meeting MIL-STD-810 and DO-160
- Advanced skills in the design of highly intricate metal works designs in aluminum and copper targeting fabrication using traditional machining, heat pipe and vapour chamber technologies
- Strong preference given to candidates with 15 years [or more] of ATR Chassis development meeting IEEE 1101, Eurocard, VITA 46 and broad range of MIL-STD standards including 810F environmental, 167 vibration, 461E EMI shielding.
- Proven experience in chassis cooling technologies including convention, conduction and liquid cooling considered an asset
- Experience in the design of small form factor mechanical parts targeting additive manufacturing production methods would be considered a significant advantage
- Working knowledge of the application usage of various metal coating technologies including anodizing and electroless nickel plating
- Expert knowledge in small form factor thermal cooling of electronic devices operating in a typical range of 25W to 200W
- Demonstrated experience in static and dynamic thermal cooling design simulation. Practical working knowledge of ANSYS Icepak would be considered a significant advantage
- Familiarity with ANSI/VITA specifications such as 3U/6U VPX (AV46,48) and XMC (AV42) is strongly desired
- Familiarity with scripting and PDM functions of SOLIDWORKS is a significant advantage
- Experience with FMECA/FMEA is a significant advantage
- Uses time and resources wisely for all assigned work
- Consistently demonstrates integrity, honesty and respect for colleagues and the corporation
- Takes ownership of assignments and works with minimal oversight
- Maintains an effective working relationship with peers, colleagues and managers
- Seeks out and builds valuable relationships with 3rd party design companies protecting the best interest of the corporation
- Contributes to increasing the firm's public awareness in the industry by periodically publishing technical white papers, attending technical conferences and presenting suitable technical updates on behalf of the corporation
- Oversees more junior technical contributors providing mentorship and technical guidance
- Strives to maintain and protect corporate IP, systems, tools, data and customer proprietary information
- Consistently follows and complies with defined company processes and workflows
- Acts a promoter of corporate processes by suggesting productive enhancements and changes to workflow(s) as appropriate to help streamline work activities
- Technical writing is well structured, effective in purpose, free of gross grammatical errors and succinct
- Provides effective presentation updates ensuring optimal use of shared meeting time with others
- Develops professional documentation that provides clear guidance on design details both internally to the corporation but also externally to the customer as appropriate
- Prepares well thought out goals and objectives that strive to both advance the individual but also connect individual plans to the corporate goals and strategy
- Contributes to the development of goals, objectives and reviews for more junior staff of a similar function
- Establishes and/or maintains engineering standards for the assigned area of functional design and ensures compliance within the function on all designs
- Demonstrates competency in the use of mechanical inspection tools and analysis instrumentation
- Applies logical thought and debug approach in troubleshooting mechanical fitment verification
- Oversees subcontracted design deliverables protecting the corporation's interests on reputation, schedule, quality and cost
- Assess the results of product testing to identify areas where systemic improvement may be possible in design performance
WOLF is a military and aerospace manufacturer requiring strict adherence to CGP and ITAR requirements.
As a condition of employment applicants must provide proof of Canadian Citizenship and undergo a police background check.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates can apply by sending a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title: "Senior Engineer, Mechanical".
WOLF Advanced Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all individuals. Applicants selected for an interview will be asked whether specific accommodations are needed to support a personal disability.