|Reports to:||Director, Engineering|
WOLF is a world leader in designing and developing rugged, field-deployable solutions requiring embedded video capture, process, encode, display and AI inference technologies for the world’s most demanding aerospace and defence markets. We are seeking outstanding professionals who have demonstrated advanced skills in video electronics development, are passionate about pushing the innovation boundaries of embedded technologies and are highly motivated, high-energy and results-driven individuals.
If you excel in fast-paced development environments with continuous technology innovation and a culture of collaboration where everyone has a voice that is valued, then WOLF is the company for you.
- BSEE, Bachelor of Engineering, or related technical degree from an accredited university.
- PHD or Master of Electrical Engineering or related technical PHD or Master’s degree from an accredited university.
SENIOR ENGINEER, HARDWARE - PRIMARY POSITION SKILLS
- 10+ years of practical (hands on) engineering experience designing video graphic boards, integrating or debugging hardware with digital content.
- Must be a hardware design engineer, who has a high amount of experience working with 6G, 12G, SERDES interfaces and beyond.
- Expert with any of the following video standards: SMPTE-292M, SMPTE-424M, DisplayPort 1.2 and greater, HDMI 2.0 and greater, DVI, Analog video (NTSC/PAL), MPEG 2, H.264, H.265 and BT-656
- Expert design experience with high speed interfaces such as PCI Express Gen3, Gen4, InfiniBand, GigE or 10GigE LAN.
- Possess demonstrated broadcast video experience.
- Must be able to write modular, reusable code, and add to existing, structured, in-house IP library.
- Proven development experience in Verilog, Systems Verilog and VHDL, including simulation (test benches & verification) is desired
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
Desired skills and experience include:
- Expert with modern synthesis, place and route EDA tools.
- Experience with DO254, DO178, and DO164 (Highly Valued).
- Experience with Cadence, Orcad and Solidworks
- Experience with the use of Gerber Viewer, Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Experience with NVIDIA, AMD, CUDA or OpenCL.
- Knowledge of ROME-1 or NASA design standards
- Uses time and resources wisely for all assigned work
- Consistently demonstrates integrity, honesty and respect for colleagues and the corporation
- Takes ownership of assignments and works with minimal oversight
- Maintains an effective working relationship with peers, colleagues and managers
- Seeks out and builds valuable relationships with 3rd party design companies protecting the best interest of the corporation
- Contributes to increasing the firm's public awareness in the industry by periodically publishing technical white papers, attending technical conferences and presenting suitable technical updates on behalf of the corporation
- Oversees more junior technical contributors providing mentorship and technical guidance
- Strives to maintain and protect corporate IP, systems, tools, data and customer proprietary information
- Consistently follows and complies with defined company processes and workflows
- Acts a promoter of corporate processes by suggesting productive enhancements and changes to workflow(s) as appropriate to help streamline work activities
- Technical writing is well structured, effective in purpose, free of gross grammatical errors and succinct
- Provides effective presentation updates ensuring optimal use of shared meeting time with others
- Develops professional documentation that provides clear guidance on design details both internally to the corporation but also externally to the customer as appropriate
- Prepares well thought out goals and objectives that strive to both advance the individual but also connect individual plans to the corporate goals and strategy
- Contributes to the development of goals, objectives and reviews for more junior staff of a similar function
- Effectively translates product / feature requirements into complete designs including identification of hardware, firmware, software and mechanical sub-systems
- Establishes and/or maintains engineering standards for the assigned area of functional design and ensures compliance within the function on all designs
- Demonstrates competency in the use of lab tools and debug / analysis instruments
- Applies logical thought and debug approach in trouble-shooting and circuit analysis
- Applies best practices to board rework using corporate established guidelines and policies
- Oversees subcontracted design deliverables protecting the corporation's interests on reputation, schedule, quality and cost
- Assess the results of product testing to identify areas where systemic improvement may be possible in design performance
WOLF is a military and aerospace manufacturer requiring strict adherence to CGP and ITAR requirements.
As a condition of employment applicants must provide proof of Canadian or US Citizenship and undergo a police background check.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates can apply by sending a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to email@example.com referencing the job title: "Senior Engineer, Hardware".
WOLF Advanced Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all individuals. Applicants selected for an interview will be asked whether specific accommodations are needed to support a personal disability.