|Full/Part time:||Full Time|
|Reports to:||Sr. Director, Engineering|
WOLF is a world leader in designing and developing rugged, field-deployable solutions requiring embedded video capture, process, encode, display and AI inference technologies for the world’s most demanding military and aerospace markets.
At WOLF we design and develop solutions that target the world’s most demanding technology markets such as field deployable defence systems, rugged vehicles for land, air and sea, artificial intelligence machine vision and neural network-based deep learning for Earth and space applications, as well as a variety of other life-saving, mission-critical systems requiring video and data analytics capabilities.
We are seeking outstanding professionals who have demonstrated advanced skills in video electronics development, are passionate about pushing the innovation boundaries of embedded technologies and are highly motivated, high-energy and results-driven individuals.
If you are looking for an exciting new position with a company that offers an environment of rapid business growth, continuous technology innovation and a cherished culture of collaboration where everyone has a voice that is valued, then WOLF is the company for you. If this type of workplace environment excites you and you excel in fast-paced development environments, then we invite you to apply!
Working in a hybrid environment from our office in Stouffville, Ontario and as a member of WOLF’s Engineering department the Sr. Engineer, Design Verification candidate should meet the following criteria:
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
- BSEE, Bachelor of Engineering, or related technical degree from an accredited university.
- PHD or Master of Electrical Engineering or related technical PHD or Master’s degree from an accredited university.
PRIMARY POSITION SKILLS
- The DV engineer is expected to contribute to the full NPI development life cycle of WOLF’s next generation products: including providing DV relevant input guiding Design-For-Test and Design-For-Debug methodologies for potential adoption into WOLF’s hardware, software and firmware designs
- The DV Engineer will work closely with the product design lead(s) during prototype bring-up and product design verification including power and performance characterization
- The DV Engineer will collaborate with the core design team supporting key tasks such as problem debugging, design reviews, design verification and environmental qualification testing
- The DV Engineer will be the primary design owner collaborating closely with the project design lead to create and maintain test related documentation targeting verification, validation and production
- The DV Engineer will work closely with WOLF’s production team to facilitate continuous improvement feedback into the Engineering design process to reduce downstream quality issues and more generally contribute to increasing product reliability within WOLF’s embedded, harsh environment MIL/AERO products
- The DV Engineer will participate and contribute to WOLF’s test automation objectives and initiatives as planned by WOLF management
- Uses time and resources wisely for all assigned work
- Consistently demonstrates integrity, honesty and respect for colleagues and the corporation
- Takes ownership of assignments and works with minimal oversight
- Maintains an effective working relationship with peers, colleagues and managers
- Seeks out and builds valuable relationships with 3rd party design companies protecting the best interest of the corporation
- Contributes to increasing the firm's public awareness in the industry by periodically publishing technical white papers, attending technical conferences and presenting suitable technical updates on behalf of the corporation
- Oversees more junior technical contributors providing mentorship and technical guidance
- Strives to maintain and protect corporate IP, systems, tools, data and customer proprietary information
- Consistently follows and complies with defined company processes and workflows
- Acts a promoter of corporate processes by suggesting productive enhancements and changes to workflow(s) as appropriate to help streamline work activities
- Technical writing is well structured, effective in purpose, free of gross grammatical errors and succinct
- Provides effective presentation updates ensuring optimal use of shared meeting time with others
- Develops professional documentation that provides clear guidance on design details both internally to the corporation but also externally to the customer as appropriate
- Prepares well thought out goals and objectives that strive to both advance the individual but also connect individual plans to the corporate goals and strategy
- Contributes to the development of goals, objectives and reviews for more junior staff of a similar function
- Effectively identifies and proposes methods and strategies as it relates to product / feature testing requirements where possible spanning hardware, firmware, software and the mechanical sub-systems
- Demonstrates competency in the use of lab tools and debug / analysis instruments
- Applies logical thought and debug approach in trouble-shooting and circuit analysis
- Applies best practices to board rework using corporate established guidelines and policies
- Assess the results of product testing to identify areas where systemic improvement may be possible in design performance
WOLF is a military and aerospace manufacturer requiring strict adherence to CGP and ITAR requirements.
As a condition of employment applicants must provide proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency and undergo a police background check.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates can apply by sending a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title: "Senior Engineer, Design Verification".
WOLF Advanced Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all individuals. Applicants selected for an interview will be asked whether specific accommodations are needed to support a personal disability.