|Full/Part time:||Full Time|
|Reports to:||VP of Engineering|
WOLF Advanced Technology, located in Stouffville, Ontario has been in business since 1999 and is growing at a substantial rate. WOLF is an engineering design center, specializing in the rapid development and manufacture of military and aerospace real-time video boards and systems. WOLF, a preferred OEM partner for NVIDIA and AMD, targets rugged embedded form factor solutions for the harshest military and aerospace applications.
WOLF’s proven technology integrates high-resolution video and data: Capture, Process, Encode and Display for 3U and 6U VPX, XMC, PMC, MXM COTS boards, feature tailored MCOTS, and full custom design solutions. Our products are designed, manufactured and tested to perform in extreme environmental conditions utilizing the latest generation GPU processing technologies.
WOLF offers: competitive compensation, supports work/life balance, provides opportunities to be coached and developed by some of the leading minds in this field, and to work on some of the world's most sophisticated military and aerospace programs.
WOLF is growing and seeking a highly skilled Design Verification Engineer who has proven experience in video technology product validation. We seek individuals who are technology-minded and have a passion to advance their skills and who want to be actively involved with an extremely innovative, fast paced team that designs products leveraging the latest NVIDIA, AMD, Xilinx, and WOLF technologies.
The Sr. Engineer, Design Verification (DV) will be a critical member of the Engineering team. The role includes being an active contributor to WOLF’s embedded real time video processor-based digital and analog designs. The DV engineer is expected to contribute to the full NPI development life cycle of WOLF’s next generation products: including providing DV relevant input guiding Design-For-Test and Design-For-Debug methodologies for potential adoption into WOLF’s hardware, software and firmware designs. In this role the DV Engineer will work closely with the product design lead(s) during prototype bring-up and product design verification including power and performance characterization.
The DV Engineer will also collaborate with the core design team supporting key tasks such as problem debugging, design reviews, design verification and environmental stress testing. A critical responsibility of the role includes the creation and maintenance of test related documentation targeting verification, validation and production. The DV Engineer will work closely with WOLF’s Production team to facilitate continuous improvement feedback into the Engineering design process to reduce downstream quality issues and more generally contribute to increasing product reliability within WOLF’s embedded, harsh environment MIL/AERO products.
- 7+ year(s) experience in design verification and validation of video related technologies
- Highly skilled in the development of product and features test plans and test reports
- Practical experience with any of the following video standards: SMPTE-292M, SMPTE-424M, DisplayPort 1.2 and greater, HDMI 2.0 and greater, DVI, CVBS (NTSC/PAL), RGsB, MPEG 2, H.264, H.265 and BT-656
- Practical experience with high speed interfaces such as PCI Express Gen3, Gen4, InfiniBand, GigE or 10GigE LAN.
- Experience with embedded software / microprocessors.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Outstanding technical writing capability is critical.
- Experience with the use and application of digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes, function generators, in an ESD protected lab environment.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in Linux/Unix environments, including shell scripting.
- Excellent analytical / problem solving skills
- Demonstrates a team player attitude, works collaboratively and respectively
Highly Desired Skills (Optional):
- Experience with NVIDIA, AMD, Xilinx, CUDA or OpenCL technologies, TensorFlow
- Experience with schematic capture, PCB layout and mechanical drawings
- Familiarity with VPX and XMC architectures
- Knowledge of ROME-1 or NASA design standards.
- Experience in Verilog, Systems Verilog and VHDL would be a significant advantage
- Experience with DO254, DO178, DO160, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-901, MIL-HDBK-344
- BSEE, Bachelor of Engineering, or related technical degree
WOLF is a military and aerospace manufacturer requiring strict adherence to CGP and ITAR requirements.
If selected, applicants must provide proof of Canadian or US Citizenship, and undergo a police check.
How to Apply
Candidates can apply by sending a covering letter and resume in .pdf format to email@example.com referencing job title: "Senior Engineer, Design Verification".
WOLF Advanced Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all individuals. Applicants selected for an in-person interview will be asked whether specific accommodations are needed to support a personal disability.