|Reports to:||Sr. Vice President, Quality Engineering|
WOLF is a world leader in designing and developing rugged, field-deployable solutions requiring embedded video capture, process, encode, display, and AI technologies for the world’s most demanding military and aerospace markets.
We are seeking outstanding professionals who have demonstrated advanced skills in video electronics development, are passionate about pushing the innovation boundaries of embedded technologies and are highly motivated, high-energy, and results-driven individuals.
If you are looking for an exciting new position with a company that offers an environment of rapid business growth, continuous technology innovation and a cherished culture of collaboration where everyone has a voice that is valued, then WOLF is the company for you.
At WOLF we design and develop solutions that target the world’s most demanding technology markets such as field deployable defence systems, rugged vehicles for land, air and sea, artificial intelligence machine vision and neural network-based deep learning for Earth and space applications as well as a variety of other lifesaving, mission-critical systems requiring video and data analytics capabilities.
If this type of workplace environment excites you and you excel in fast-paced development environments, then we invite you to join WOLF.
Working from our office in Stouffville, Ontario and as a member of WOLF’s Engineering department the candidate should meet the following criteria:
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
- Post secondary degree. Supply Chain Professional certification or equivalent considered an asset.
- Proven procurement experience and expertise with complex organizations –experience required in planning, implementing and managing procurement strategy, preferably in aerospace/electronics.
- Strategic sourcing methodology experience, and leading practice sourcing knowledge
- Strong demonstrated experience managing new vendors as well as a strong focus on procurement-related cost reduction initiatives.
- Experience executing supplier relationship management frameworks.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- SAP systems experience (Preferred)
- AS9100D/ISO9001 Quality Management System exposure
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Quality Engineering, the Senior Buyer, Procurement will execute high caliber materials procurement with a keen focus on strategic planning to ensure the overall success of WOLF’s Supply Chain.
- Working in close partnership with the materials and logistics to drive a comprehensive materials procurement strategy, the Senior Buyer, Procurement will execute best practices and ensure consistency of industry principles, policies, and procedures for WOLF’s supply chain procurement activities.
- The Senior Buyer, Procurement will proactively liaise with both internal and external stakeholders for the purpose of addressing materials procurement risks (availability, cost, and schedule), while remaining on the cusp of related industry behaviours.
- The Senior Buyer, Procurement will collaborate with internal departments, vendors, and Customer counterparts.
- The Senior Buyer, Procurement will operate according to and in compliance with all standards and procedures to ensure strong data integrity that helps to achieve supply chain KPI’s.
- Utilize and leverage procurement data and reporting systems to maximize material availability and manage inventory levels effectively and accurately.
- Foster new vendor qualifications and relationships to ensure the company has a diverse, globally-focused supply chain with strategic responses at the ready to prevent inventory shortages
- Assist with annual vendor performance reviews, publish vendor performance scorecards, and assist in the maintenance of the corporate AVL.
WOLF is a military and aerospace manufacturer requiring strict adherence to CGP and ITAR requirements. As a condition of employment, applicants must provide valid documentation to show either Canadian or US citizenship, or Canadian Permanent Resident, and undergo a police background check.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates can apply by sending a covering letter and resume in .pdf format to email@example.com referencing the job title: "Senior Buyer, Procurement".
WOLF Advanced Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all individuals. Applicants selected for an in-person interview will be asked whether specific accommodations are needed to support a personal disability.