Start date: ASAP
Reports to: Director of Sales
Hours: 37.5/ week (Monday- Friday 8:30am-5:00pm)
Posting date: May 9, 2018
Salary: Based on Experience
Location: Stouffville, Ontario
Travel: 5% Travel (global)
SUMMARYReporting to the Director of Sales, the Technical Sales Engineer (TSE) will work as part of a sales team that serves customers by identifying their needs and then engineering adaptations of WOLF products, equipment, and services, to satisfy those needs.
The TSE will work with customers, sales representatives, VAR’s and internal sales teams to understand the customer’s technical requirements, develop a solution that uses WOLF products, gain technical closure for the customer, and thus drive sales revenue to meet goals. The TSE supports all global sales initiatives which require technical input.
Are you looking for a smaller company that is fast paced, doesn't have the red tape/restrictions that larger corporations have, and allows the opportunity for team members to have a voice? WOLF is seeking an all-star who is technology minded with a great personality! The ideal candidate is ambitious, is looking to develop their skill set and knowledge, and has a desire to support and sell bleeding-edge technology that is implemented in aerospace and military applications.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work on tight deadlines to respond to customer requests in a timely manner
- Work to understand end-user applications and associated technology requirements, including, but not limited to, system architecture block diagrams, schematics and their synergistic associated component technologies.
- Provide pre-sales technical support to prospective customers.
- Create detailed proposals and written documentation.
- Provide product, service, and technical engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Establish new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedules.
- Prepare cost estimates by studying Bill of Materials (BOM) plans and related customer documents while consulting with engineers and other professional and technical personnel.
- Contribute to CRM and forecast by completing the necessary pipeline, data entry and lead management.
- Consult directly with existing and potential new customers (high-level technical people) in all phases of the sales and account management life cycle.
- Attend trade shows and conferences as a representative of WOLF to promote products and establish new business relationships.
- Evaluate a customer’s current technical capabilities and conduct a needs assessment, including platforms, hardware, operating systems, and more.
- Additional administrative duties may be required.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons able to understand their service requirements.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The candidate must have the ability to problem solve, create effective written and verbal communications, keep pace with product knowledge, sell to customer needs, deliver professional presentations, understand general programming, all while becoming an expert at the various hardware and software technologies WOLF uses in its products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required. Master’s degree or equivalent experience considered an asset.
- Related technical sales experience and knowledge of computer programming architecture, video graphics modules, Single Board Computer (SBC) system interfaces, and computer hardware integration.
- Any level of CUDA experience considered highly valuable.
- Strong consultative selling skills and strong experience supporting technology sales.
- Experience with sales applications like Salesforce, SAP and Omnify considered an asset
- Understanding basic electronic hardware design and the ability to read a schematic is considered an asset
- Experience writing business and technical proposals for ROM’s (Rough Order Magnitude) and RFQ’s (Request for Quotes)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Project management experience desired.
- The ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
WOLF is a military and aerospace manufacturer requiring strict adherence to CGP and ITAR requirements. Applicants who are applying for a job which may require access to controlled goods (as defined by CGP or ITAR) must be a Canadian or US citizen and undergo a police check with no criminal background.
WHY WORK AT WOLF
We're a leader. 8 out of 10 of the largest military and aerospace companies in the world use our real-time video circuit boards and we've sold products in 22 countries. Even NASA is a customer. Customers come to WOLF because we design better and tougher products that meet military and aerospace standards. If this kind of quality and exclusivity attracts you, you could be a great candidate for a job at WOLF.
We're growing fast. With a projected growth rate of 50% per year, you'll have to grow too. If you like a fast-paced environment where you can learn every day, WOLF might be the right place for you.
World-class design and engineering. Although we make a number of commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) products, it's no secret that our engineers love creating unique modified commercial-off-the-shelf (MCOTS) and custom designs. We love tackling the industry's most daunting challenges. You could be part of the team that brings this type of innovation to market.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates can apply by sending a covering letter and resume in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing job title: "Technical Sales Engineer".
Wolf Advanced Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all individuals. Applicants selected for an in-person interview will be asked whether specific accommodations are needed to support a personal disability.