Start date: ASAP
Reports to: Craig McLaren, CEO
Hours: 37.5/ week (Monday- Friday 8:30am-5:00pm)
Posting date: May 9, 2018
Salary: Based on Experience
Location: Stouffville, Ontario
Travel: 5% Travel (global)
Reporting to the CEO, the Sales Engineer will work as part of a sales team that serves customers by identifying their needs; engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
The role is to partner with customers, sales representatives, VAR’s and internal sales teams to understand the customer’s technical requirements, develop a solution that uses WOLF products, gain technical closure for the customer and thus drive sales revenue to meet goals. The Sales Engineer, through direct participation supports all global sales initiatives which require technical input.
WOLF is a world leader in embedded video capture, process, encode and display technologies for harsh military and aerospace environments. We are growing and seeking all-stars who are exceptional, and technology minded with outgoing personalities, who want to be actively involved with an extremely innovative, fast paced team. You should have a desire to work for a smaller company (50-75 employees) that is a close knit, healthy atmosphere, where all team members have a voice and an opportunity to innovate. You must be ambitious, wish to develop your skill set and are excited to work on the latest NVIDIA, AMD, Xilinx and WOLF technology.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons able to understand service requirements.
- Provides pre-sales technical support to perspective customers.
- Creates detailed proposals and written documentation.
- Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying BOMS, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with engineers, and other professional and technical personnel.
- Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff; costing engineering changes.
- Reviews Purchase Orders and provides verification against quotes and customers requirements.
- Provides technical information and training to customers, VAR’s and Reps.
- Designs and provides on site and virtual sales presentations/demo support to existing and potential new customers, to showcase WOLF’s products, technology and capabilities.
- Complies with legal requirements/legislation regarding ITAR, CGP, ISO 9001-2015, and AS9100 requirements.
- Contributes to CRM and forecast by completed necessary pipeline, data entry and lead management.
- Evaluate alternatives, cost implications and design creative solutions based on customer requirements.
- Consults directly with existing and potential new customers (high-level technical people) in all phases of the sales and account management life cycle.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Attends trade shows and conferences as a representative of WOLF, to promote products and establish new business relationships.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations;
- recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Evaluate customer’s current technical capabilities and conduct needs assessment, including platforms, hardware, operating systems, and more.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Additional administrative duties may be required.
Problem solving, written and verbal communications skills, product knowledge, selling to customer needs, software/hardware requirements, product development, professional presentation skills, general programming skills, and technical understanding.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree or equivalent experience considered an asset.
- Related technical sales experience and knowledge of: computer programming architecture, video graphics modules, SBC’s, programming, VERALOG or HDML, system interfaces, and computer hardware integration.
- Any level of CUDA experience considered highly valuable.
- Strong consultative selling skills and strong experience supporting technology sales.
- Experience writing business and technical proposals for ROM’s and RFQ’s.
- Out-of-the box thinking skills and collaboration abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Project management experience desired.
- Excellent research, problem solving, and analytical skills are required.
- Strong lateral thinking skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- The ability to undertake any or additional responsibilities as defined by his/her manager.
WOLF is a military and aerospace manufacturer requiring strict adherence to CGP and ITAR requirements.
If selected, applicants must provide proof of citizenship (to show either Canadian or US citizenship, or Canadian Permanent Resident), and undergo a police check with no criminal background.
WOLF Advanced Technology, located in Stouffville, Ontario has been in business for over 20 years and is growing at a substantial rate. Our head office is an engineering design center, specializing in the rapid development and manufacture of military and aerospace real-time video boards and systems. We are a preferred OEM partner for NVIDIA and AMD, developing rugged embedded form factor solutions for the harshest military and aerospace applications.
WOLF’s proven technology integrates high-resolution video and data: Capture, Process, Encode and Display into modules for VPX, XMC, MXC, MXM, PMC architectures. Our strength lies in our creativity, discipline and ability to offer both modified product designs or full life cycle design solutions as client applications demand. All of our modules are designed, manufactured and tested to perform in extreme environmental conditions utilizing the latest generation GPU processing technologies.
WOLF offers: competitive compensation, parental & maternity leave top up, supports work/life balance, provides opportunities to be coached and developed by some of the leading minds in this field, and to work on some of the worlds most sophisticated military and aerospace programs.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates can apply by sending a covering letter and resume in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing job title: "Sales Engineer".
Wolf Advanced Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all individuals. Applicants selected for an in-person interview will be asked whether specific accommodations are needed to support a personal disability.