Reports to: Terry Laviolette-VP, Engineering
Hours: 37.5 / week (Monday 8:30am-5:00pm)
Posting date: July 9, 2018
Salary: TBD (based on experience)
Location: Stouffville, Ontario
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to organize and coordinate multiple projects. You will report to the VP of Engineering and provide strategic guidance/support to both customers and internal sales, engineering and production teams. The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader, who has an Electronics Engineering background.
WOLF is a world leader in embedded video capture, process, encode and display technologies for harsh military and aerospace environments. We are growing and seeking all-stars who are exceptional and technology-minded with outgoing personalities, who want to be actively involved with an extremely innovative, fast-paced team. You should have a desire to work for a smaller company (55-75 employees) that is a close-knit, healthy atmosphere, where all team members have a voice and an opportunity to innovate. You must be ambitious, wish to develop your skill set and are excited to work on the latest NVIDIA, AMD, Xilinx and WOLF technology.
- PMP certified with a minimum of 10+ years experience in an advanced technology sector
- Demonstrates effective communication both written and verbal, being proficient in forming concise, timely project updates
- Proven team player who maintains constructive working relations with peers, colleagues and customers
- 10+ years experience in managing complex design and development projects ideally with experience in Aerospace or Defense markets
- Expert level knowledge in building and managing projects using MSFT Project or similar project management tools
- Preference is giving to candidates who have a strong working knowledge of AS9100 class design and production environments
- Familiarity with electronics hardware design is considered a strong asset
- Candidates with related practical experience in video and graphics technologies project management and/or development are strongly preferred
- Creates detailed proposals and written documentation
- Plans project activities, task assignments, schedule milestones and deliverable through cross-functional collaboration
- Communicates and manages company project commitments to customers ensuring alignment on project deliverables, risks, schedule and dependencies
- Organizes cross-functional team project updates and provides effective internal and external communications
- Leads collaborative solutions identification as project-critical issues are discovered through the life of a program
- Controls cost, schedule and feature delivery within a practical limit to the desired program outcomes
- Defines and clarifies project scope both internally and externally in adherence with WOLF’s defined processes
- Develops, maintains and monitors effective project plans ensuring that all contributing functions are informed of their contribution expectations
- Develops and communicates realistic, risk-aware schedules which are shared internally and externally with the businesses customers
- Manages project updates and artifact deliverables from the functional owners in accordance with the businesses policies, procedures and processes
- Works closely with management to identify and recommend solutions to project delivery challenges including resource and technology risks and/or gaps
- Provides a strong work rapport with the businesses customers ensuring timely, well-articulated communications at all times
- Motivates, leads and effectively resolves conflicts spanning functions and programs
- Measures, evaluates and corrects key program metrics to ensure continued improvement and early communication on program goal deviations
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- PMP Designation achieved or in process.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience considered an asset.
WOLF is a military and aerospace manufacturer requiring strict adherence to CGP and ITAR requirements.
If selected, applicants must provide proof of citizenship (to show either Canadian or US citizenship, or Canadian Permanent Resident), and undergo a police background check with no criminal background.
WOLF Advanced Technology, located in Stouffville, Ontario has been in business for over 20 years and is growing at a substantial rate. Our head office is an engineering design center, specializing in the rapid development and manufacture of military and aerospace real-time video boards and systems. We are a preferred OEM partner for NVIDIA and AMD, developing rugged embedded form factor solutions for the harshest military and aerospace applications.
WOLF’s proven technology integrates high-resolution video and data: Capture, Process, Encode and Display into modules for VPX, XMC, MXC, MXM, PMC architectures. Our strength lies in our creativity, discipline and ability to offer both modified product designs or full life cycle design solutions as client applications demand. All of our modules are designed, manufactured and tested to perform in extreme environmental conditions utilizing the latest generation GPU processing technologies.
WOLF offers: competitive compensation, parental & maternity leave top up, supports work/life balance, provides opportunities to be coached and developed by some of the leading minds in this field, and to work on some of the worlds most sophisticated military and aerospace programs.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates can apply by sending a covering letter and resume in .pdf format to email@example.com referencing job title: " Program Manager".
Wolf Advanced Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all individuals. Applicants selected for an in-person interview will be asked whether specific accommodations are needed to support a personal disability.