|Full/Part time:||Full Time|
|Reports to:||Director, Production Operations|
Reporting to the Director, Production Operations, the Electronics Technologist/ Electronics Engineers will work as part of the production team. You will work with the latest electronics / processing modules, debug, test and verify, provide technical support, assist the design team developing interesting and innovative solutions, conduct characterization, monitoring and maintenance of tools, all while following the industry's best practices.
WOLF is a world leader in embedded video capture, process, encode and display technologies and products for harsh military and aerospace environments. We are growing and seeking all-stars who are technology minded with outgoing personalities, who want to grow and innovate with us! You should have a desire to work for a smaller company (currently 60+ employees) with a fast paced, close knit, healthy atmosphere, where all team members have a voice and an opportunity to innovate. You must be ambitious, wish to develop your skill set and be excited to work on the latest NVIDIA, AMD, Xilinx and WOLF technology.
- Assemble, flash firmware/software and prepare prototype, pre-production and production grade electronics products for test.
- Conduct electronics, assembly, software and firmware product conformance verification according to established procedures and best practice.
- Record anomalies and deviations in the quality management system / engineering systems.
- Assist in root cause analysis for open customer support or other items as assigned.
- Propose corrective actions for resolutions to manufacturing and quality problems due to processes or equipment.
- Conduct hand soldering (SMT, cleaning, application/removal of conformal coating, and other processes as assigned).
- Participate in production and/or project meetings; offering feedback and guidance WOLF can use to improve its processes and technology offerings.
- Assist in generating engineering and production documentation.
- Conduct test procedures, problem reports, and giving client feedback.
- Maintain and protect corporate IP, systems, tools, data and customer proprietary information.
- Consistently follows and complies with defined processes and workflows.
- Acts as a promoter of WOLF’s processes by suggesting productive enhancements and changes to workflow(s) as appropriate to help streamline work activities.
- Provides design feedback changes (ECO) into an issue tracking system.
- Contributes design suggestions and ideas into the design process.
- Demonstrates competency in the use of lab tools and debug / analysis instruments.
- Applies logical thought and debug approach in trouble-shooting and circuit analysis.
- Provides problem reporting feedback (EPRs) on feature regressions into WOLF’s issues tracking system.
- Executes design validation test plan (DVTP) capturing qualitative results into the corporate Project Tracking system.
- Executes product validation test plans (PVTP) capturing qualitative results into the corporate project tracking system.
The following ARE required:
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Technical writing is well structured, effective in purpose, free of grammatical errors and succinct.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications, Gerber Viewer, Computer Aided Design (CAD), PCB Layout Software, and a high-level of general PC knowledge.
- Experience with soldering equipment, fine pitch / nano assembly, 0402 or 0201 component size.
- Experience with mechanical assembly.
- Excellent knowledge of surface mount, thru-hole assembly and manual soldering processes, including component preparation, and selective soldering.
- A “can-do” attitude with a desire to be a team player.
The following are NOT required, but would be considered an asset:
- Design experience with high speed interfaces such as PCI Express Gen3, 3G-SDI, DisplayPort, GigE or 10GigE LAN.
- Experience working with any of the following video standards: SMPTE-292M, SMPTE-424M, DisplayPort 1.2 and greater, HDMI 2.0 and greater, DVI, Analog video (NTSC/PAL), MPEG 2, H.264, H.265.
- Broadcast Video environment experience.
- Experience with HDL/FPGA programming.
- Experience with embedded software / microprocessors.
- Experience creating test applications / scripted environments.
- Experience with the use and application of digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes, function generators.
- Capable of resolving operating system, application and driver related problems.
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Familiarity with design software (Cadence, Solidworks, Vivado) an asset
- Experience flashing firmware and diagnosing FPGA functional issues.
- Experience with SAP Business one or other logistics software.
- Experience with electronics inspection.
- Experience with NVIDIA, AMD, CUDA or OpenCL.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
- Electronics Technologist Diploma or Bachelor of Engineering
- CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) or CQT (Certified Quality Technician) is an asset
- IPC Certification highly desired
WOLF is a military and aerospace manufacturer requiring strict adherence to CGP and ITAR requirements.
If selected, applicants must provide proof of Canadian or US Citizenship, and undergo a police check with no criminal background.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates can apply by sending a covering letter and resume in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org, to the attention of Stephanie Monge-Sherman - HR Manager, referencing job title: "Electronics Technologist / Electronics Engineer”.
WOLF Advanced Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all individuals. Applicants selected for an in-person interview will be asked whether specific accommodations are needed to support a personal disability.