|Reports to:||Vice President, Quality Engineering|
WOLF is a world leader in designing and developing rugged, field-deployable solutions requiring embedded video capture, process, encode, display, and AI technologies for the world’s most demanding defense and aerospace markets.
We are seeking outstanding professionals who have demonstrated advanced skills in video electronics development, are passionate about pushing the innovation boundaries of embedded technologies, and are highly motivated, high-energy, and results-driven individuals.
If you are looking for an exciting new position with a company that offers an environment of rapid business growth, continuous technology innovation, and a cherished culture of collaboration where everyone has a voice that is valued, then WOLF is the company for you.
At WOLF we design and develop solutions that target the world’s most demanding technology markets such as field deployable defense systems, rugged vehicles for land, air, and sea, artificial intelligence machine vision, and neural network-based deep learning for Earth and space applications as well as a variety of other lifesaving, mission-critical systems requiring video and data analytics capabilities.
If this type of workplace environment excites you and you excel in fast-paced development environments, then we invite you to join WOLF.
Working from our new office in Stouffville, Ontario and as a member of WOLF’s Engineering department the candidate should meet the following criteria:
Education / Certifications
- Post secondary degree. Supply Chain Professional certification or equivalent considered an asset.
Desired Additional Education
- BSEE, Bachelor of Engineering, or related technical degree from an accredited university.
Director, Supply Chain – CORE COMPETENCIES
- Significant procurement experience and expertise with complex organizations –experience required in planning, implementing & managing procurement strategy, preferably in aerospace/electronics.
- Strategic sourcing methodology experience, and leading practice sourcing knowledge
- Strong demonstrated experience identifying new vendors, strategic buying opportunities as well as a focus on cost reduction through the implementation of innovative procurement technologies to improve customer and vendor outcomes.
- Experience developing and implementing supplier relationship management frameworks.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- SAP systems experience (Preferred)
- AS9100D/ISO9001 Quality Management System exposure
- Demonstrated business acumen.
- Will have contract management experience with an in-depth understanding of contract and corporate governance requirements.
- The successful candidate will help support a team through unprecedented organizational growth and be a champion of change and transformation in a highly complex environment.
- A hands-on and strategic professional, the successful candidate will thrive in a customer service-oriented role focused on continuous improvement and can balance the needs of the organization with available resources.
Director, Supply Chain – FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reporting to the Vice President, Quality Engineering, the Director of Supply Chain will manage and develop high caliber materials procurement support functions with a keen focus on strategic planning to ensure the overall success of WOLF’s Supply Chain.
- Working in close partnership with the procurement group to drive a comprehensive materials procurement strategy, the Director of Supply Chain will execute best practices and ensure consistency of industry principles, policies, and procedures for WOLF’s supply chain procurement activities.
- The Director of Supply Chain will proactively liaise with both internal and external stakeholders for the purpose of managing and addressing materials procurement risks (availability, cost, and schedule), while remaining on the cusp of related industry behaviours.
- The Director of Supply Chain will collaborate with internal leadership, vendors, and Customer counterparts.
- The Director of Supply Chain will develop and execute on standards and procedures to ensure strong data integrity that helps to achieve supply chain KPI’s.
- Utilize and leverage procurement data and reporting systems to maximize material availability and manage inventory levels effectively and accurately.
- Foster new vendor qualifications and relationships to ensure the company has a diverse, globally focused supply chain with strategic responses at the ready to prevent inventory shortages
- Coordinate annual vendor performance reviews, publish vendor performance scorecards, and assist in the maintenance of the corporate AVL.
Work in close communication with the Business Development Team to remain on the cusp of market pricing trends to ensure a frictionless customer experience.
- Support the senior management team with business growth, strategic planning, and initiatives as required.
WOLF is a military and aerospace manufacturer requiring strict adherence to CGP and ITAR requirements.
As a condition of employment applicants must provide valid documentation to show either Canadian or US Citizenship and undergo a police background check with no criminal background.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates can apply by sending a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to email@example.com referencing the job title: "Director, Supply Chain".
WOLF Advanced Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all individuals. Applicants selected for an interview will be asked whether specific accommodations are needed to support a personal disability.