WOLF Advanced Technology is a world leader in designing and developing rugged, field-deployable solutions requiring embedded video capture, process, encode, display and AI technologies for the world’s most demanding military and aerospace markets.
We are seeking outstanding professionals who have demonstrated advanced skills in video electronics development, are passionate about pushing the innovation boundaries of embedded technologies and are highly motivated, high-energy and results-driven individuals.
If you are looking for an exciting new position with a company that offers an environment of rapid business growth, continuous technology innovation and a cherished culture of collaboration where everyone has a voice that is valued, then WOLF is the company for you.
At WOLF we design and develop solutions that target the world’s most demanding technology markets such as field deployable defence systems, rugged vehicles for land, air and sea, artificial intelligence machine vision and neural network-based deep learning for Earth and space applications as well as a variety of other life-saving, mission-critical systems requiring video and data analytics capabilities.
Working from our office in Stouffville, Ontario and as a member of WOLF’s Engineering department, the candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Uses time and resources wisely for all assigned work
- Consistently demonstrates integrity, honesty and respect for colleagues and the corporation
- Takes ownership of assignments and works with minimal oversight
- Maintains an effective working relationship with peers, colleagues and managers
- Seeks out and builds valuable relationships with 3rd party design companies protecting the best interest of the corporation
- Contributes to increasing the firm's public awareness in the industry by periodically attending technical conferences, customer meetings and presenting suitable program updates on behalf of the corporation
- Oversees more junior technical contributors providing mentorship and guidance
- Strives to maintain and protect corporate IP, systems, tools, data and customer proprietary information
- Consistently follows and complies with defined company processes and workflows
- Acts a promoter of corporate processes by suggesting productive enhancements and changes to workflow(s) as appropriate to help streamline work activities
- Technical writing is well structured, effective in purpose, free of gross grammatical errors and succinct
- Provides effective presentation updates ensuring optimal use of shared meeting time with others
- Develops professional documentation that provides clear guidance on design details both internally to the corporation but also externally to the customer as appropriate
- Prepares well thought out goals and objectives that strive to both advance the individual but also connect individual plans to the corporate goals and strategy
- Contributes to the development of goals, objectives and reviews for more junior staff of a similar function
- Oversees subcontracted design deliverables protecting the corporation's interests on reputation, schedule, quality and cost
- Minimum of 10+ years PMP experience in an advanced technology sector
- Demonstrates effective communication both written and verbal, being proficient in forming concise, timely project updates
- Proven team player who maintains constructive working relations with peers, colleagues and customers
- 10+ years experience in managing complex design and development projects ideally with experience in Aerospace or Defense markets
- Expert level knowledge in building and managing projects using MSFT Project or similar project management tools
- Strong working knowledge of AS9100 class design and production environments is preferred
- Familiarity with electronics hardware design is considered a strong asset
- Related practical experience in video and graphics technologies project management and/or development is strongly preferred
- Creates detailed proposals and written documentation
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
- BSEE, Bachelor of Engineering, or related technical degree from an accredited university.
- PHD or Master of Electrical Engineering or related technical PHD or Master’s degree from an accredited university.
- PMP certification or working towards certification.
WOLF is a military and aerospace manufacturer requiring strict adherence to CGP and ITAR requirements. As a condition of employment, applicants must provide valid documentation to show either Canadian or US citizenship, or Canadian Permanent Resident, and undergo a police background check.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates can apply by sending a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to email@example.com referencing the job title: "Director, PMO".
WOLF Advanced Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all individuals. Applicants selected for an in-person interview will be asked whether specific accommodations are needed to support a personal disability.