|Reports to:||Manager, Contracts|
|Location:||Remote / Stouffville, Ontario|
WOLF Advanced Technology is a world leader in designing and developing rugged, field-deployable solutions requiring embedded video capture, process, encode, display, and AI technologies for the demanding aerospace and defense industry. If you are looking for an exciting position with a company that offers an environment of rapid business growth, continuous technology innovation, and a cherished culture of collaboration where everyone has a voice that is valued, then WOLF is the company for you.
Reporting to the Manager, Contracts, the Contract Specialist will provide legal and administrative support to WOLF for various legal documents and agreements, primarily customer contracts, partnerships, and representative agreements.
- Review Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), Proprietary Information Agreements (PIAs) and Technical Assistance Agreements (TAAs), resolve any issues, and manage fully executed agreements.
- Review RFQ/RFPs for legal obligations and to ensure that they meet WOLF legal company guidelines. Make note of any exceptions and/or document exceptions for inclusion in the RFQ/RFP.
- Review Customer Statements of Work (SOW) for legal obligations. Attempt to resolve any obligations that are not inline with WOLF company guidelines.
- Assist the WOLF Sales team with the legal aspects of loan or bailment paperwork.
- Review Purchase Orders (POs) for any mention of Terms and Conditions to ensure that they meet WOLF guidelines. When necessary, present modifications to the customer and negotiate to bring Terms and Conditions in line with WOLF guidelines. Present any unresolved challenges encountered in negotiating Terms and Conditions to the appropriate staff member at WOLF to attempt to resolve issues.
- Provide customers with WOLF corporate information required when registering as a supplier, such as federal corporation number, DUNS number, CAGE codes, certifications, etc.
- Assist with certification and representation requests from customers for customer-owned supplier portals. Ensure WOLF can meet any agreed upon government regulations that are required by the PO (e.g., USA FAR and DFAR regulations). Communicate any problematic regulations to the appropriate people at WOLF.
- Assist with contracts required by WOLF Reps, VARs, Partners and Integrators.
- Gain an understanding of the Canadian CGP, USA ITAR, and the USA BIS ECCN classification system, and be able to answer questions about these regulations as they pertain to the purchase of WOLF goods from US customers.
- Review other contracts for WOLF as required from time to time. Requests for contract review may come from any department at WOLF.
- Support the continuous improvement of WOLF company legal guidelines documentation as well as simplified WOLF legal documentation used when on-boarding new staff to the WOLF Sales team or others as directed.
- 1 – 5 years of contracts related work, preferably working specifically on contracts related to customer purchases of goods and engineering services.
- Legal or paralegal experience, or a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field of study
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of, or strong interest in acquiring knowledge of, US-Canadian international trade regulations, in particular as it applies to Aerospace and Defense.
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a time-sensitive manner.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Display excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Comfortable taking direction while demonstrating the willingness and aptitude to learn.
WOLF is a military and aerospace manufacturer requiring strict adherence to Canadian CGP and American ITAR requirements. As a condition of employment, applicants must provide valid documentation to show either Canadian citizenship or Canadian Permanent Resident, and undergo a police background check.
How to Apply
Candidates can apply by sending a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to email@example.com referencing the job title: "Contracts Specialist".
WOLF Advanced Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all individuals. Applicants selected for an in-person interview will be asked whether specific accommodations are needed to support a personal disability.